Apply to become an Academy
This form is for local authority maintained schools that want to become academies.
There is a separate process for:
Although you can invite other people to help with this application, only the chair of governors will be able to submit it.
Before you start
- carry out a consultation with your stakeholders (opens in new tab)
- complete an Equality Impact Assessment (EIA)
- provide bank details (opens in a new tab) for either the school, or the trust it intends to join so that we can pay your pre-opening support grant - you will be asked who should receive the payment later
You should also:
- contact your regional director (opens in a new tab) and let them know that you intend to apply
- make sure you have all of the information and evidence you will need (opens in a new tab) to hand